In today’s demanding healthcare environment of continuous margin pressure, capital constraints and payer related issues to name just a few, Withum offers a wealth of expertise and resources designed to assist you in all aspects of your business to meet your challenges head on.
Our Healthcare Advisory team has years of extensive professional experience serving various executive roles in an array of healthcare organizations from integrated healthcare delivery systems, to large academic acute care hospitals, physician practices and long-term care facilities. Our professionals are here to assist you with all the demands you encounter with the ever-changing healthcare landscape. Our specialized services and free assessments can assist you in strengthening the financial and technological health of your organization.
Surprise Billing Assistance
The No Surprises Act took effect on January 1, 2022. This law bans most forms of surprise medical billing from emergency situations and when a person seeks care from an in-network facility, but unknowingly gets care from an out-of-network provider. The No Surprises Act also includes “Good Faith Estimate” requirements for all self-pay patients and for insured patients whose services are not covered by insurance.
Is your practice prepared?
- Have you calculated the potential negative financial impact this could have?
- Do you have a workflow in place to manage the appeals process?
- Have you implemented a compliant “Good Faith Estimate” process?
If you answered “no” to any of the above, Withum can help. Our team is at the forefront of these regulations and will come on site to educate your staff or do an assessment of your readiness for the No Surprises Act.
Advisory Services and Assessments
- Accounts Receivable and Denial Management
- Billing and Coding Reviews
- Cloud Technology
- Corporate Governance
- Cybersecurity (including on-site incident response)
- Data Integration
- Eligibility and Verification
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Compliance Risk Checkup
- Feasibility Studies
- Financial and Tax Due Diligence
- Interim Management
- Internal Audit and Compliance
- Contract rate re-negotiations
- Practice Management support (as needed)
- Denial prevention
- Margin Optimization
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Program
- Microsoft 365, Office 365, NetSuite
- Patient Access
- Physician Revenue Optimization
- Provider Relief Fund Reporting
- Revenue Cycle Services
- Revenue Recovery
- Strategy, Implementation, Security
- The Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program
- New Provider Credentialing/Re-credentialing
- Coding and Documentation Reviews
- HIPPA and Billing Compliance
Effective January 1, 2022, the No Surprises Act (Surprise Billing Legislation) was implemented, which established new federal protections against surprise medical bills in addition to good faith estimate requirements for […]
The American Hospital Association (“AHA”) released its annual report summarizing community benefits provided by tax-exempt hospitals, as reported on the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) Form 990, Schedule H. In its […]
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) added new requirements that tax-exempt hospital organizations must satisfy in order to be described in Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) §501(c)(3). Under IRC […]