Withum’s Theatre and Entertainment team provides accounting, attest, tax, and advisory services to a wide variety of clients in the industry. Our team’s leadership group alone boasts more than 100 combined years of experience servicing clients in the Theatre and Entertainment space. Our specialized knowledge helps us maintain an elite client base of theatrical, film, music, and other entertainment clients.
Our team’s vast experience in the entertainment industry enables our clients around the globe to benefit from our expertise and the continuity of our engagement teams has allowed us to develop a strong rapport with those we serve over time, which is crucial to any business relationship. We have mastered the unique accounting rules and regulations affecting the entertainment industry at the federal, state, and international levels.
Who we Help
- Theatrical production companies in all phases including the production, operating, and postproduction stages
- Not-for-profit entities in the industry
- Live performing venues
- Touring & recording artists
- Production companies in the movie and television industries
- Businesses and individuals who support the industry
Theatre and Entertainment Services
- Tax planning – including Federal, state and local, and International issues
- Strategic business planning – including offering document review and consultation
- Budgeting and projections
- Business succession planning
- Business valuations
- Cash flow analysis
- Cost-based accounting
- Dispute resolution and litigation support
- Due diligence and related merger & acquisition services
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) Audit Requirements
Withum is currently qualified to complete the audits required under the SVOG rules. With the recent clarification from the SBA on the SVOG audit requirements, we would like to get a little more information to help us determine what type of audit your company will be required to have.
The Theatre, Entertainment and the Arts Services Team has gone above and beyond in guiding us through the various COVID relief acts so that our non profit can take advantage of the many programs available. Their knowledge, service and timeliness of communication are outstanding!
John DiMeglio, Director of Finance | Roundabout Theatre Company
For more information or to discuss your business needs, contact Withum’s Theatre and Entertainment Services Team.
Over the past few months, the SBA has provided several audit-specific webinars for entities that have received an SVOG grant. These webinars have provided details and clarity around the requirement. […]
On February 16, 2022, the Small Business Administration (“SBA”) released additional information for Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (“SVOG”) recipients: SVOG Post-Award FAQs and SVOG Post-Application Guidance. This additional information clarifies […]
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact throughout the world. New York City was certainly no exception, and perhaps no industry has been impacted as severely as the live […]