Withum’s Theatre and Entertainment team provides accounting, attest, tax, and advisory services to a wide variety of clients in the industry. Our team’s leadership group alone boasts more than 100 combined years of experience servicing clients in the Theatre and Entertainment space. Our specialized knowledge helps us maintain an elite client base of theatrical, film, music, and other entertainment clients.
Our team’s vast experience in the entertainment industry enables our clients around the globe to benefit from our expertise and the continuity of our engagement teams has allowed us to develop a strong rapport with those we serve over time, which is crucial to any business relationship. We have mastered the unique accounting rules and regulations affecting the entertainment industry at the federal, state, and international levels.
Who We Help
- Theatrical production companies in all phases including the production, operating, and postproduction stages
- Not-for-profit entities in the industry
- Live performing venues
- Touring & recording artists
- Production companies in the movie and television industries
- Businesses and individuals who support the industry
Theatre and Entertainment Services
- Strategic business planning – including offering document review and consultation
- Tax planning – including Federal, state and local, and International
- Tax credit incentive analysis and certification
- International expansion
- Budgeting and projections
- Business succession planning
- Estate planning
- Due diligence and related merger & acquisition services
- Business valuation
- Audit and attestation services
- Compliance with federally funded programs
- Agreed upon procedures
- Outsourced Accounting Systems and Services (OASyS)
- Internal controls review
- Cybersecurity assessments
- Employee compensation and pension plans
- Dispute resolution and litigation support
- Digital solutions & software implementation
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) Audit Requirements
Withum is currently qualified to complete the audits required under the SVOG rules. With the recent clarification from the SBA on the SVOG audit requirements, we would like to get a little more information to help us determine what type of audit your company will be required to have.
Baseline Theatrical has a longstanding relationship with Withum and has built a rapport of understanding and respect over the years. The individuals on the theatre and entertainment team have consistently met our needs and exceeded all expectations. Withum has steadfastly supported our productions and personnel, most especially through the unprecedented COVID-19 shutdown during which their counsel was integral to our office’s ability to continue supporting and ultimately resume operations of our productions.
Andy Jones, Baseline Theatrical | General manager
For more information or to discuss your business needs, contact Withum’s Theatre and Entertainment Services Team.
Over the last two years, the New York City Musical and Theatrical Tax Credit Program has been a leading force in helping the live theatrical industry recover from the devastating […]
Withum is proud to share that Robert Fried, Partner and co-founder of the Firm’s Theatre and Entertainment Industry Services Team, was awarded a Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theatre, […]
For months, the theatre community has been on the edge of their seats waiting for the finalization of the updated legislation from the UK government regarding the Theatre Tax Relief […]