Cookies improve things by:
- Remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- Remembering information you’ve given (eg your zip code) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
- Ensuring that you see and view the information on our website in the best way possible
Types of Cookies:
- ‘Session’ cookies remain in your browser during your browser session only, ie until you leave the website.
- ‘Persistent’ cookies remain in your browser after the session (unless deleted by you).
- ‘Performance’ cookies collect information about your use of the website, such as webpages visited and any error messages; they do not collect personally identifiable information, and the information collected is aggregated such that it is anonymous. Performance cookies are used to improve how a website works.
- ‘Functionality’ cookies allow the website to remember any choices you make about the website (such as changes in text size, customized pages) or enable services such as commenting on a blog.
Facebook, Twitter and Other Social Networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons. To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example, Facebook uses this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it. Social networks, therefore, could know that you’re viewing this website if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change). As our website is remarkably inoffensive we imagine this is not a concern for most users.
Updates to this Policy
How Do I Manage Cookies?
In addition to the options provided above, you may refuse or accept cookies from the Site at any time by activating settings on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. You may wish to refer to https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html for information on commonly used browsers.
Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended.
Managing Analytics Cookies
You can opt-out of having your anonymized browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies. We use the following service providers and you can learn more about their privacy policies and how to opt-out of their cookies by clicking on following links:
Alternatively, you may visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.orgto obtain detailed information on how to prevent cookies from being set on your particular browser.