Podcast: Opportunity Zones Tax Benefits
Dec 6, 2018
OpportunityDb’s Jimmy Atkinson interviewed Withum real estate tax law expert.
Click here to listen as Jimmy dissect the basics of the opportunity zones tax code, explore some unintended consequences and loopholes introduced by the proposed IRS regulations, and discuss who the actual drivers behind most opportunity zone investments will be.
- Who the drivers behind most opportunity zone investments will be. (Hint: it probably won’t be the investors themselves.)
- Why 2019 is a very important year for opportunity zone investors seeking capital gains deferral.
- Biggest surprises from the proposed IRS regulations that were published last month, including friendly rules regarding partnerships and corporations, and the new 31-month holding period rule.
- Unintended consequences introduced by the proposed IRS regulations, including the potentially precarious position that investors will be in when it comes time to exit by the end of 2047.
- Biggest unanswered questions that the industry is still waiting on the IRS for guidance.
- How Tony’s clients are beginning to move forward with opportunity fund investing.