It’s one of our favorite times of the year! Microsoft’s annual partner-focused event, Inspire, took place this week with no shortage of updates and announcements about Microsoft 365 and its collaboration and productivity tools. Big theme this year? Artificial Intelligence, of course.
Although the event is designed to provide insights and strategies for Microsoft partners, there are a few exciting releases to share that will empower everyone to work in a new AI-powered way. Here’s a quick roundup of key takeaways that matter to your business.
Microsoft Bing Chat Enterprise – AI-Powered Chat for Work
Bing Chat Enterprise offers organizations AI-powered chat for work while ensuring commercial data protection. The information flowing into and out of the chat platform remains safeguarded, providing organizations with controlled access to improved answers, increased efficiency, and fresh creativity. None of your inputs and data will be used to train the models.
Bing Chat Enterprise is available in preview to organizations licensed for Microsoft 365 E5, E3, Business Premium and Business Standard at no additional cost. Bing Chat Enterprise will be available as a stand-alone subscription in the future for $5 per user, per month.
Copilot Pricing for Commercial Customers
Microsoft Copilot is a powerful AI tool that uses large language models (LLMs) to understand natural language and generate high-quality text based on your input – allowing users to write, summarize and create from within the Microsoft Office applications. Think ChatGPT embedded in your Office apps.
Microsoft 365 Copilot will be priced at $30 per user, per month for Microsoft 365 E3, E5, Business Standard and Business Premium customers, when broadly available. Feel free to reach out to us for any licensing questions.
New AI capabilities in Microsoft 365
- Copilot in Teams Phone: This feature quickly generates summaries of phone conversations, captures action items, and answers your questions about the phone calls. When summarizing calls, Copilot will highlight key points, such as names, dates and numbers, and can also recommend next steps based on the discussion.
- Copilot in Teams Chat allows users to efficiently catch up and synthesize important information across all their Team chat threads.
- Microsoft Viva updates include the launch of Viva Glint, facilitating organization-wide surveys and connected actions to understand employee engagement better. Additionally, Viva Pulse, empowers managers and project leads to get real-time, confidential feedback in the flow of work.
- Windows 365 Frontline offers a convenient and cost-effective solution to extend the capabilities of Cloud PCs to frontline, shift and part-time workers, allowing secure access to personalized Windows experiences on any device, regardless of their work location.
- Microsoft 365 Backup provides rapid restoration of an organization's data to a previous point-in-time following unexpected data loss or catastrophic events. Meanwhile, Microsoft 365 Archive offers a cost-effective long-term storage solution for inactive or aging files that need to be maintained for compliance or retention purposes.