I'm here to help.
Matthew Ferrante leads Withum's Cyber and Information Security practice and is a former Top Electronic Crimes Special Agent. He provides security and security assurance for SMB to global enterprise-class businesses and governments, including critical infrastructure. He is recognized as a top-tier industry expert for providing appropriate due diligence on some of the largest and most highly publicized data breaches to date, including but not limited to data breaches involving Target, Neiman Marcus, Sony PlayStation Networks, Operation Firewall, Operation ‘Get Rich or Die Trying’, and much more. Matthew was with Barclays Bank in London, where he founded Barclays CFI/e-Discovery and was its first director. He also directly assisted in successfully leading Barclays global security transformation in over 57 different countries. Before Barclays, Matthew was a Special Agent with the United States Secret Service. He has served on President Clinton’s protection detail, US Critical Infrastructure, and several successful high profile, high-tech investigation operations. Matthew has an extensive background in physical and network infrastructure protection, with specialties in global enterprise-class environments and SMB, cyber warfare, corporate espionage, protective intelligence, threat assessments, international organized crime, e-crime, forensics, breach investigations, incident response, extreme hacking, data loss prevention/detection, fraud, employee misconduct, remediation, and asset identification. He has successfully testified in US Federal Courts and local courts and is considered by multiple courts as an expert in his field.
Matthew was educated at the US Secret Service Academy, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Electronic Crimes Special Agent Program, Skidmore College, Mercy College for Criminal Justice, and Westchester for Applied Sciences. Among several other recognitions, Matthew was given the Top Electronic Crimes Special Agent award by the United States Secret Service, recognized by the Department of Justice for his invaluable expertise, and the credit/debit card industry.
Matthew Ferrante’s lifetime achievements and recognition include:
- One of the Highest Decorated USSS Special Agents
- Sony Data Breach – IT and Data Security Expert
- Target Breach – IT and Data Security Expert
- Neiman Marcus Breach – IT and Data Security Expert
- ABC Good Morning America – IT and Data Security Expert
- CNN – Data Security and Forensics Expert
- MasterCard Appreciation Award
- Barclays global security transformation, savings well in excess of $500M, major external/internal risk reduction, & demonstrated ROI since 2008. Featured w/Barclay’s Senior Leadership Team in CIO Digest
- OPERATION FIREWALL/’OPERATION GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN’ - First successful takedown of global cyber organized crime threatening governments & private sector. 60+ international arrests involved in major data breaches.
Withum isn’t just a job— we’re a family, and we carry that spirit together in everything we do. We live the Withum Way. We are catalysts for growth and success.