What Is the ISO 27001 Standard?
To address the risks posed by today’s growing cyber threats, organizations are adopting various security frameworks, policies, and procedures, including one of the most effective frameworks for
Withum’s ISO 27001 consulting services are designed to empower your organization with the expertise needed to establish and enhance your ISMS. Whether you’re looking for a full implementation or a seamless transition from ISO 27001:2013 to ISO 27001:2022, Withum is your trusted guide on the path to compliance and security.
ISO 27001 Implementation and Upgrade Services
Our team of ISO 27001 consultants offers implementation and upgrade services and provides the subject matter expertise and guidance necessary to establish and maintain an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that:
- meets the requirements of the international standard and
- upgrades an in-place ISO 27001:2013 system to the recently published ISO 27001:2022 standard.
Our approach ensures that the ISMS is suitable, adequate, and effective and achieves the information security objectives of the organization. The initial steps always include a review of in-place organizational policies, processes, assets, and controls from assessments and certifications, including SOC, PCI and HIPAA, which are often leveraged and incorporated into the ISMS.
ISO 27001 Key Objectives
Download this guide to explore the key stages involved in achieving ISO 27001 compliance, from risk assessment to the implementation of robust security controls.
Withum’s ISO 27001 Consulting Services
The level of services can be catered to your organization’s unique requirements – from leading a full ISO 27001 implementation or ISO 27001:2013 upgrade to participating and contributing to your organization’s implementation team. Withum’s ISO 27001 Consulting Services include:
- Context of the organization, scope, and boundaries: Identifying the portions of the organization, the needs and expectations of interested parties, the processes, services, and the legal, regulatory, and compliance mandates that may impact the organization’s ISO 27001 certification.
- Planning and Performance Evaluation: Developing information security objectives, performance metrics, measurement methods, and reporting methods that will maximize the business value and return on investment from ISO 27001 certification.
- Audit Advocate: Guiding an organization through certification audits as an advocate and partner who understands the processes and boundaries that are established for ISO auditors by ISO certification bodies. Withum’s ISO 27001 consulting team members include certified lead auditors who have conducted initial, surveillance and renewal audits.
- Initial and Annual Internal Audit Program Services: Establishing a suitable, adequate and effective internal audit program, conducting internal audits and mentoring internal auditors who may not be familiar with ISO 27001 and other relevant ISO standards (including ISO 19011 – Guidance for Auditing Management Systems and ISO 31000 – Risk Management), and establishing reporting and documentation standards.
- Continual Improvement: Reviewing the organization's ISO management systems and recommending policy and process improvements that can maximize the business value, reduce IT complexity and information security exposure, and improve the effectiveness of preparation, response and recovery processes.
- Control Assessment and Mapping: Reviewing organization assets, documentation and controls from other information security frameworks (SOC, HIPAA, PCI, HITRUST, etc.) and map in place policies, processes and controls to ISO 27001/27002 requirements.
ISO 27001 Consulting Services for Organizations That Have Already Achieved ISO 27001 Certification
Withum’s ISO 27001 consultants can assist your organization in maximizing the value of and return on investment from investments in ISO 27001 certification. Services include:
- Virtual ISMS Manager
- Developing appropriate information security objectives and defining metrics and measurement methods.
- Conducting independent, objective annual reviews of information security policies and processes that focus on achieving strategic and tactical organizational goals.
- Conducting independent, objective internal audits.
- Evaluating and improving risk management, management review, and continual improvement processes.
- Integrating multiple ISO management systems (QMS, ITSMS, Etc.).
Contact a ISO 27001 Certified Consultant
Withum’s ISO implementation services team members have achieved and maintain a myriad of ISO Lead Auditor, information security and IT service management credentials. Contact us today to learn how we can help your organization.
With the year coming to an end, it’s essential to kickstart your 2023 tax preparations and start thinking about tax-saving techniques, potential opportunities, and the recent legal modifications that might […]
This on-demand webinar session is intended to explain the mandatory clauses found in all of the ISO management systems. This course focuses on ISO 27001:2022 – Information Security Management Systems […]
Many of us recognize that ISO 27001 is the leading international standard focused on information security. This certification enables organizations of any size in any industry to protect their information […]