Withum’s Family Office specialists can provide the support you need to define and implement the right strategies to meet you and your family’s long-term needs and objectives.
Family Offices face a number of unique challenges in addition to the traditional concerns of running a business. Be it varying viewpoints based on personal objectives, multigenerational issues, financial realities or philanthropic goals, a balance is required to achieve success.
- Family Office governance, formation, meetings, etc.
- Family Office charter and/or agreement
- Organization chart and functions
- Financial and business education
Our team has dealt with family offices from those in early formation to those established, set in their direction and well administered.
Services Your Family Office May Be Providing
- Investment management and advice, including investment performance analysis
- Fund compliance, including accounting and tax
- Risk management
- SEC compliance for multifamily offices offering investment advice
- Philanthropy and foundation
- Personal services for member
- Individual tax planning
- Bill payment, payroll and staff management; including household help
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Wealth/inheritance transfer
- Concierge services
- Lifestyle advice
While Withum can help you with any or all of the service offerings, we have an established network of professionals that can be particularly helpful with investment management, philanthropy and concierge services. While we provide traditional accounting services, a number of clients have chosen to utilize our Withum Virtual Accounting Services (VAS) to handle basic bill payment and accounting needs.
Consideration for Your Operating Companies
- Accounting and coordinating auditing requirements
- Succession planning
- Federal and state taxes
These are all areas where Withum has significant experience which can be helpful to you. Our Exit Planning and Execution Strategies and our TransactReady® process are particularly well-suited as you address your operating company needs.
- Dispute resolution among Family Office members
- Succession planning for the Family Office
- Coaching / Mentoring / Education for Members of all generations
Whether your Family Office has been our client or you are looking for some fresh insight, our Withum Team that serves Family Offices is well versed in addressing these matters. Using our time-tested strategies or our informal dispute resolution tools, we have been successful in helping Family Offices manage these matters and succeed.
And by the way, we enjoy being part of the family.
For more information or to discuss your business needs, contact Withum’s Tax Services Team.
Aunt Sally won’t talk to Aunt Tatiana at Jose’s birthday party unless she apologizes for the comment she made about her lasagna. Cousin Richard hasn’t paid back the loan he […]
All businesses face challenges, whether it is dealing with the changing economy, finding and hiring the right employees, or increased competition in the market. Family-owned businesses are not immune to […]
Share It seems the key word in “family-owned business” is family, and for good reason. Being part of a family and a part of the same business really ties those […]