With legislation that breathes new life into expiring tax incentives and the beginning of planned sunsets for others, changes to existing tax incentive programs are a hot topic. Understanding these changes and the timeframe to act to take advantage of available tax incentives is key.
Meanwhile, energy incentives remain an area of focus in the real estate space. With the growing importance of ESG initiatives for investors and the available tax incentives for solar panels and energy-efficient buildings and systems, there are significant benefits available for property owners choosing to go green.
Viewers Will Learn About
- Top year-end tax-planning tips for real estate owners, operators, and developers
- Changes to the business interest limitation under Code Section 163J
- Bonus depreciation phase-out and sunset
- The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
- Energy incentives
- Energy-efficient commercial buildings tax deduction under Code Section 179D
- Like-kind exchanges under Code Section 1031
- Qualified Opportunity Zones