Results from Withum’s 2022 Law Firm Leadership Survey
What can law firm leaders do to ensure their firms thrive? In response to our flash survey, we received feedback from Managing Partners, Firm Chairs and C-suite executives from law firms around the country regarding their most pressing issues.
Download our 2022 Law Firm Leadership Annual Trend Report for insights on:
- The war for talent
- Financial performance and profitability
- Changes in strategic growth strategies and inhibitors to change
- The evolving workspace
- Firm culture and DEI initiatives
- Department and practice group management challenges
- A renewed focus on marketing and business development
- Leadership and client succession planning
- Technology, cybersecurity and innovation initiatives
A Glimpse Into Our Report Insight
- A majority of respondents (54%) said they have decided to have a hybrid work environment permanently (with another 19% saying that lawyers are still only back in the office part-time, i.e. hybrid.)
- Firms are still cautiously optimistic about moderate increases in financial KPIs for 2023, though less so than in 2021.
- Firms still expect to raise rates, though less aggressively than at the end of 2021.
- Getting together in-person, both internally and with clients and potential clients, is a priority for the next 12 months.
- There seems to be an increased focus on strategy again, now that firm leaders are past the “crisis mode” of the pandemic and the extraordinary focus on talent acquisition in 2021 and early 2022.
When you’re managing hundreds or thousands of cases per year, inefficient proposal management puts a strain on your marketing or business development team. They need a centralized system that ensures […]
A major challenge for professional services firms is that the employees must be able to access and process a lot of unstructured information in the course of creating client deliverables […]
From lawyers and accountants to consultants and technology developers, professional services firms must be able to rely on the technology they use to deliver their expertise and communicate with clients. […]