2022 has been a challenging year for physicians and healthcare entities from both an investment and reimbursement standpoint. For the first time since 1969, according to Blackrock, both stocks and bonds have declined at the same time, and over the past few years, physician reimbursements have also declined, compliance rules have changed, high-deductible health plans have been on the rise, and the costs of employing staff to provider services along with coding and documentation audits have increased.
All of these areas have squeezed practice’s operating margins. Practices must look at their current revenue cycle process and determine ways to manage these areas.
Listen in to this on-demand webinar as Tom Farrell of Withum Wealth Management and Maureen Doherty of Withum’s Healthcare Advisory Team discuss investing and managing your revenue in these turbulent times.
Viewers Will Be Able To:
- Understand how Federal Reserve monetary policy impacts financial markets;
- Identify the inverse relationship between bond prices and interest rates;
- Recognize stock valuations compared to historic average, and learn the importance of portfolio diversification and remaining invested;
- Evaluate front desk pre-service collections; performing coding and documentation reviews; and
- Assess practice management software tools that can assist with collections and concentrate on denial management which includes tracking rejections, denials, unpaid claims and reviewing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).