We were looking for that rare combination of knowledge —meaning knowing the rules and regs, and experience— and how to apply that knowledge in a strategic fashion. Withum came out on top.
Whether it is the establishment of corporate compliance programs or changing rules and regulations, the senior living industry is continuously faced with the challenge of providing the best experience to a diverse population of patients and residents while always adhering to the strict provisions of the Department of Health, Medicare, Medicaid, the Internal Revenue Service and other oversight agencies.
Now more than ever, business owners, management and staff have been forced to address many issues and challenges, such as:
- How are you positioned to compete with the ever increasing options for today’s consumer?
- Are you expanding the variety of services (resident and non-residential) to attract a wider variety of consumers?
- Are you able to compete in the post-acute space with the new, concierge-based models in your market?
CHANGING LAWS AND COMPLEXITIES OF HEALTHCARE
- Do you have the scale needed to compete in the local healthcare marketplace?
- What expertise do you have regarding ACA and payment reform (bundles, etc)?
- Are you technologically advanced with data analytics, outcome-based reporting, etc?
- Are you able to compete and be aplayer in the new model of care emerging as a result of the ACA?
- Are you engaged n any joint ventures, post-acute networks or bundled-payment agreements?
OUR SOLUTIONS AND EXPERTISE
Our Withum professionals are experienced and at the forefront of the issues and regulations that affect senior living industry and service some of the most reputable facilities in the region. We serve:
In addition to traditional accounting, audit and consulting services, we also provide services specific to the senior living community including:
Preparation of Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports
Budget and Forecasts
Planning and Evaluation Services
IT Audit Capabilities