Webinar: Correcting Foreign Information Reporting Noncompliance: Voluntary Disclosure Programs
Navigating Penalty Abatement for Failure to File Forms 5471, 5472, FATCA, and FBAR
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
1:00pm-2:50pm EST | 10:00am-11:50am PST
Early Registration Discount Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
This webinar will provide CPAs and tax advisers with a practical guide to navigating the amnesty programs that are available to rectify a client’s failure to properly file required international information forms such as the FBAR, Form 8938, and Forms 5471 and 5472. The panel will focus on the role of compliance professionals and advisers in identifying potential foreign information reporting issues, correcting filing deficiencies, and navigating the disclosure process.
- What foreign reporting forms are subject to foreign tax reporting penalties?
- What are the penalty structures for non-willful and willful failure when other violations are in place?
- What amnesty programs are available to rectify a client’s past failures?
- How significantly has the amnesty landscape changed now that OVDP is no longer an option?
- What documentation and submissions must accompany a corrective filing?
Kimberlee S. Phelan
CPA, MBA, Practice Leader, International Services