At Withum, our Corporate Valuation Consulting (CVC) team has the regional coverage, experience and trusted name you can rely on to help you meet your valuation needs.
Corporate Value Consulting
Withum’s domestic network can provide the in-depth knowledge that your business requires. Withum’s professionals possess familiarity of regional market conditions who can consider local issues such as taxes and market regulations. We recognize that a valuation is not a simple numbers exercise. Instead, we combine our technical skills and practical experience to provide objective advice that aligns with your business goals. We work to understand your business dynamics, as well as sector and value drivers to provide service that goes beyond borders.
Withum’s Valuation Services Group
Our services include appraisals of entire businesses, subsidiaries, joint ventures, equity interests, and specific assets such as stock, intellectual property, machinery and equipment, inventory, real estate, and financial instruments.
Familiarity with Regulatory Requirements
Withum has extensive experience working within the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) framework, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), various court jurisdictions, and comparable regulatory bodies in other countries. Specific to FASB, Withum is experienced in FASB ASC Topic 805, Business Combinations and FASB ASC Topic 350, Intangibles – Goodwill and Other. A significant focus of valuation work includes the application and implementation of these acquisition accounting and goodwill impairment requirements.
Withum’s team also provides business valuation reports in conjunction with the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 7(a) loan program. Based on our in-depth knowledge of fair value measurement concepts, we understand how these requirements for financial reporting purposes may differ from valuations for tax purposes.
Areas of Focus
Withum offers Financial Reporting Valuation and Tax Planning and Compliance as detailed below.
Tax Reporting Purposes
- IRC 108, Debt Cancellation
- IRC 165, Worthless Stock
- IRC 170, Charitable Donation
- IRC 280G, Management Compensation
- IRC 304, Cross Chain Sale of Shares
- IRC 338, Purchase Allocation
Financial Reporting Purposes
- FASB ASC Topic 825, Financial Instruments
- FASB ASC Topic 718, Compensation- Stock Compensation
- FASB ASC Topic 815, Derivatives and Hedging
- FASB ASC Topic 350, Intangibles- Goodwill and Other
- FASB ASC Topic 360, Property, Plant and Equipment
- FASB ASC Topic 805, Business
- FASB ASC Topic 820, Fair Value Measurements and Disclosure
- Fresh-start accounting
- Foreign financial reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS and IAS)
- Stock options and cheap stock issues
- Pricing analysis
- Buy and sell-side assistance
- Fair market value opinions
- Intellectual property licensing
- Complex financial instrument
- Synergy assessment
- Operational risk
- ERISA / ESOP
- Joint ventures
- Economic value added
- ROI and business case analysis
Reach out to us to learn more about Withum’s Corporate Valuation Services and to schedule a complimentary consultation.