The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) has transformed business for public and nonpublic companies alike. Withum has helped our clients come up with strategic solutions to generate value while maintaining compliance. Far from simply meeting the minimum standard, we help them improve their financial reporting processes and create synergies across their entire organizations.
Withum assists many clients, including public companies, those preparing for an initial public offering, and private companies that wish to establish rigorous SOX-like internal controls for a potential exit event or just a strong compliance culture. We provide guidance on how to right-size the compliance process to meet current requirements.
Withum’s Risk Advisory professionals have years of experience advising clients on the best ways to design systems that will not only meet compliance, but will improve business processes as well. We develop an approach where compliance becomes part of your organization’s culture and not just treated like a compliance project.
Our staff has the requisite training, qualifications and experience to help our clients address matters relating to compliance issues under SOX. Working with your management executives, Withum will:
- Guide you in defining your corporate governance needs
- Adopt an integrated finance and IT approach
- Apply an extensive knowledge of internal controls
- Utilize the COSO* framework and appropriate tools
- Propose actions and tools to implement board due diligence/fiduciary responsibility
- Propose manual, system and process efficiencies
- Produce documentation and deliverables for long-term use