The Risk Advisory Group at Withum offers companies a range of services, including Cybersecurity and IT Controls Assessments, Internal Audit, Process and Control Improvement, Royalty and Intellectual Property Audits and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) readiness and/or compliance. We are able to customize our service offerings to meet your company’s needs. Our Risk Advisory experts offer the following services/solutions:
Cybersecurity and IT Controls Assessment
Despite all the attention around data security, the risk of breaches is only likely to get worse, perhaps much worse. Why?
- Companies today maintain far greater amounts of personal data on customers and employees than ever before.
- There is the proliferation of technology. Today’s criminals pursue smaller businesses as the larger organizations improve their defenses. Every business has a bank account, a customer database, a product design, or some other asset of value.
- While data thieves have become more inventive, corporate policies, procedures, tools, training, and compliance efforts haven’t kept up. Only 7% of organizations claim to have a robust incident response program that includes third parties and law enforcement and is integrated with their broader threat and vulnerability management function.
Given this digital age and threat scenario, Withum provides an expert suite of Cybersecurity and IT controls services to assess critical vulnerabilities currently present within your IT infrastructure to safeguard your valuable corporate information assets. Our highly experienced and certified professionals will provide you with comprehensive yet pragmatic solutions.
Internal Audit Services
Our range of services includes co-sourcing as well as full outsourcing of internal audit function. Services include:
- Perform / assist with the risk assessment process
- Designing strategic plans for internal audit
- Execute internal audit programs including process documentation of narratives, flowcharts and risk control matrices
- Performing quality assurance reviews of your existing audit programs
Royalty and Intellectual Property Audits
Whether you hold a patent, copyright or trademark, we can provide royalty compliance services for:
- Web portals and e-commerce
- Digital Rights
- Life science
- Medical device
- Mineral rights
- Sports marketing deals
- Distribution channels
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance
Our experts can assist with the compliance of Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Whether a new complying or an already existing complying company, our services include:
- Guide you in defining your corporate governance needs
- Adopt an integrated finance and IT approach
- Apply an extensive knowledge of internal controls
- Utilize the latest COSO framework and appropriate tools
- Propose actions and tools to implement board due diligence/fiduciary responsibility
- Propose manual, system and process efficiencies based on industry best practices
- Test of design and test of operating effectiveness
- Assist management in finalizing their assessment of internal controls
- Produce deliverables that become intertwined with the company’s culture