Last week my MBA course at Fairleigh Dickinson University on Financial Accounting: End-User Applications was completed. I taught using material I developed to supplement the textbook and I have a 164 page handout I will be pleased to email to you.
The course focused on the information needs of the users of financial statements that include but are not limited to owners, managers, investors, creditors, and bankers. The primary context of the course was financial accounting for corporate entities and the course assumed no prior knowledge of financial accounting.
The course outcomes were for students to:
- Understand what comprises a complete financial statement
- Comfortably review a financial statement
- Be able to perform a basic analysis of a financial statement
- Gain familiarity with accounting terminology and concepts
- Become familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Understand the roles of each of the seven elements of a financial statement
- Gain an understanding of internal controls
- Be introduced to the role of ethics in accounting
To get a copy, email me at [email protected] and just say “Financial Statement handout.” Because of the volume of requests I usually get, I will not be able to respond personally to any comments, so please keep the request brief.
Do not hesitate to contact me with any business or financial questions at [email protected] or fill out the form below.
Read More of the Partners’ Network Blog
How Can We Help?