Healthcare Industry Tax Update 2014
June 19, 2014
Scott Mariani, JD, Partner and Practice Leader of WithumSmith+Brown’s Healthcare Services Group, presented his “Healthcare Industry Tax Update 2014” at the HFMA Annual National Institute (ANI). The session provided an update and overview of current tax issues applicable to integrated healthcare delivery systems, hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers, including:
- General IRS Update and IRS Exempt Organization Update.
- Overview of the Affordable Care Act tax provisions from both an employer and employee perspective.
- Update on new Internal Revenue Code Section 501(r).
- Community Benefit and Schedule H update including hospital comparisons based upon the American Hospital Assocation Benchmark Report.
- Foreign reporting including FinCEN Report 114 and Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- Overview of executive compensation principles applicable to tax exempt organizations.
Each section of the presentation contains recommendations for attendees to consider for their organization.