Whether it is the establishment of corporate compliance programs or changing rules and regulations, the senior living industry is continuously faced with the challenge of providing the best experience to a diverse population of patients and residents while always adhering to the strict provisions of the Department of Health, Medicare, Medicaid, the Internal Revenue Service and other oversight agencies.
Now more than ever, business owners, management and staff have been forced to address many issues and challenges, such as:
• How are you positioned to compete with the ever increasing options for today’s consumer?
• Are you expanding the variety of your services (resident and non-residential) to attract a wider variety of consumers?
• Are you able to compete in the post-acute space with the new, concierge-based models in your market?
• Do you have the scale needed to compete in the local healthcare marketplace?
• What expertise do you have regarding ACA and payment reform (bundles, etc)?
• Are you technologically advanced with data analytics, outcome-based reporting, etc?
• Are you able to compete and be a player in the new model of care emerging as a result of the ACA?
• Are you engaged in any joint ventures, post-acute networks or bundled-payment agreements?
Our Withum professionals are experienced and at the forefront of the issues and regulations that affect the senior living industry and service some of the most reputable facilities in the region. We serve:
• Life Plan Communities
• Adult Day Programs
• Nursing Homes
• Freestanding Memory Care
• Assisted Living/Residential Care
• Independent Living Housing
• Continuing Care Retirement Communities
• Preparation of medicare and medicaid cost reports
• Business valuations
• Budget and forecasts
• Planning and evaluation services
• IT Audit capabilities