The nature of regulated investments make these organizations particularly sensitive to critical reporting requirements and deadlines to investors and regulators alike. The Financial Services Team at Withum understands the challenges that you face. We dedicate expert resources that provide proactive, timely support to put our clients in a position of strength.
- Compliant reporting and other regulatory reporting (in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States or International accounting standards).
- Audit of financial statements including review of annual filings with the SEC
- Audit the quarterly holdings of investments, in accordance with Rules 17f-1 and 17f-2
- Performance attestations
- Review of semi-annual reporting to shareholders
- Review post-effective amendments to registration statements and proxy filings
- Internal control reviews
- Compliance with Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code
- Preparation of excise tax returns
- Preparation of federal and state tax returns (including K-1 reporting)
- Preparation of federal and state tax returns for the general partner and investment advisor
- Review of required dividend distribution calculations
- Prepare partner allocations
- Provide proactive ongoing advice on tax issues specific to investment companies
- Assistance with IRS and State tax audits